A Day of Powerful Practices
Kick judgments, worries, daily to-do lists, and everyday stressors to the curb. Immerse yourself in practices from the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Program developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and colleagues. Simple and powerful practices such as the body scan, mindful movement, and loving-kindness will help you experience effective tools to use with clients. This day-long workshop is a game changer: you’ll return to your practice refreshed and ready to implement new approaches with your clients! You’ll explore:
- Specific mindfulness-based practices that teach the importance of, and ways to cultivate, self-care for your clients
- Mindful practices that can be used in daily life to facilitate inner sources of personal renewal and growth for your clients
- Ways to help clients take in the good and create beneficial lasting resources
- Mindful approaches to teach clients to satisfy fundamental human needs for safety, security, and connection
- How to teach your clients methods to maintain a mindfulness practice in daily life
Gina Biegel, MA, LMFT, is a psychotherapist, researcher, and author of Be Mindful & Stress Less; The Stress Reduction Workbook for Teens, Second Edition; and the Be Mindful Card Deck for Teens. She’s the founder of the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Program for Teens (MBSR-T) and CEO of Stressed Teens.