Creating a Sustainable Plan for Daily Practice
The biggest challenge to creating a sustainable mindfulness practice plan is doing it daily, which inevitably means breaking habits that take us off track. For many women, the distractions and demands are nonstop, converging simultaneously from our work, families, friends, and even “virtual friends.” How do we put limits on our devices, guard the limited resource of our attention, and get beyond the elusive “balance”? This isn’t just another “feel good” workshop: you’ll create a custom-tailored practice plan and discover how to:
- Get off—and stay off—autopilot, avoiding multitasking and inhabiting as many moments as possible
- Figure out what’s most important, while also allowing space for the unexpected
- Avoid getting caught up in impossible expectations, such as “doing it all, all at once”
- Recognize proactively when it’s time to pivot
- “Staple” your practice plan to your daily routine
Note: No CE credit for this workshop.
Caroline Welch, MA, JD, is the cofounder with Dan Siegel of the Mindsight Institute in Los Angeles. Formerly Judge Judy’s production attorney, she has an established meditation practice which began in Japan decades ago.