Advanced Practices in Connection, Communication, and Caring
We all struggle to practice what we preach in our work with clients, and with couples in particular. Being in an intimate relationship is just as hard for us as everyone else. This fun group experience for couples will be a crash course in improving, stimulating, and accepting our relationships, despite our “expertise” in what constitutes a healthy relationship. An experiential adventure with many exercises and practices to try, not everyone will choose to share their experiences with the group, but everyone will need to bring their sense of humor! You’ll explore:
- How to share feelings, have conflict, and negotiate differences skillfully and successfully
- How to master the art of “taking turns,” “effortful love,” making amends, and finding forgiveness
- Finding the miracle in “good enough” sexuality and intimacy
- Separating the “business” of the relationship from the “romantic” part of it
- Bringing more humor and compassion to yourself and your partner
Note: No CE credit for the workshop.
David Treadway, PhD, is a therapist and trainer of 40 years. His upcoming book is Treating Couples Well: A Practical Guide to Collaborative Couple Therapy. He’s also the author of Home Before Dark: A Family Portrait of Cancer and Healing and three other books.