How much sex is too much, and how much is not enough? This workshop will uncover where lack of desire originates in sexless and low-sex couples and how to treat desire discrepancy using contemporary interventions and treatment models. Through real case studies, we’ll focus on three areas that are often at the root of low- or no-sex marriages—pleasure resistance, pleasure avoidance, and pleasure rejection—and the most effective strategies to help couples achieve sexual empathy and long-term erotic recovery. You’ll discover:
- Techniques to work with couples around desire vs. arousal and performance vs. pleasure
- The ins and outs of helping couples create monogamy agreements and other interventions for renewing low- and no-desire relationships
- How attachment-based vs. individuation-based approaches compare when treating sexual dysfunction in couples
- Clinical strategies for healing arousal dysfunction, renewing and rekindling desire, and integrating a trauma model into your work
- How to address the three areas of pleasure disorder, and why they often involve issues around betrayal, trust, identity, and self-esteem
Tammy Nelson, PhD, is a board-certified sexologist, Imago therapist, TEDx speaker, and the author of several books. She’s the director of the Integrative Sex Therapy Institute.